Software and Databases
Software and databases contributed by NESCent Informatics staff, sponsored scientists, and collaborators. If you have products as results from NESCent-sponsored projects, please report your products through our online web application.
Recent Products (25 products found)
- Data from: Baby on board: olfactory cues indicate pregnancy and fetal sex in a non-human primate. Crawford, Jeremy Chase and Drea, Christine M.. 2015, Data from: Baby on board: olfactory cues indicate pregnancy and fetal sex in a non-human primate, Dryad Digital Repository
- Data from: Longitudinal recordings of the vocalizations of immature Gombe chimpanzees for developmental studies. Plooij, Frans X., van de Rijt-Plooij, Hetty, Fischer, Martha and Pusey, Anne. 2015, Data from: Longitudinal recordings of the vocalizations of immature Gombe chimpanzees for developmental studies, Dryad Digital Repository
- Data from: Artificial selection on anther exsertion in wild radish, Raphanus raphanistrum. Conner, Jeffrey K., Mills, Cynthia J., Koelling, Vanessa A. and Karoly, Keith. 2014, Data from: Artificial selection on anther exsertion in wild radish, Raphanus raphanistrum, Dryad Digital Repository
- Data from: Life history profiles for 27 strepsirrhine primate taxa generated using captive data from the Duke Lemur Center. Zehr, Sarah M., Roach, Richard G., Haring, David, Taylor, Julie, Cameron, Freda H. and Yoder, Anne D.. 2014, Data from: Life history profiles for 27 strepsirrhine primate taxa generated using captive data from the Duke Lemur Center, Dryad Digital Repository
- Data from: Tree of sex: a database of sexual systems. The Tree of Sex Consortium,, Ashman, Tia-Lynn, Bachtrog, Doris, Blackmon, Heath, Goldberg, Emma E., Hahn, Matthew W., Kirkpatrick, Mark, Kitano, Jun, Mank, Judith E., Mayrose, Itay, Ming, Ray, Otto, Sarah P., Peichel, Catherine L., Pennell, Matthew W., Perrin, Nicolas, Ross, Laura, Valenzuela, Nicole and Vamosi, Jana C.. 2014, Data from: Tree of sex: a database of sexual systems, Dryad Digital Repository
- metafor: Meta-Analysis Package for R, version 1.9-3. This product consists of an updated, new version of this software for conducting phylogenetic mixed meta-analysis models using likelihood methods. One of our working group members, Dr. Wolfgang Viechtbauer, responded to our group needs (and the needs of the broader scientific community) by adding the capability of fitting arbitrary random effects and one or more phylogenies in his meta-analysis package in R, metafor. This package was already the most powerful in R for meta-analysis with maximum likelihood model fitting, and now has significantly broader applicability to a wide range of model structures. Working group members provided significant feedback about the desired capabilities in this package, and Dr. Viechtbauer has since completed an official release of the new version of the package. New is the rma.mv function, which allows specification of an arbitrary number of random effects, and known correlation matrices. This new version was released on 5/5/2014.
- CodonAlign: Codon alignment and analysis in Biopython. Ruan, Z., Talevich, E., & Cock, P. 2013. CodonAlign: Codon alignment and analysis in Biopython. The CodonAlign (Bio.CodonAlign) module extends biopython to support estimations of nonsynonymous substitutions per site (dN) and synonymous substitutions per site (dS), and neutrality testing. CodonAlign currently support three counting based methods (NG86, LWL85, YN00) and maximum likelihood method to estimate dN and dS. Project specific code is available at: https://github.com/zruan/biopython/tree/master/Bio/CodonAlign.
- Data from: Assembly and comparative analysis of transposable elements from low coverage genomic sequence data in Asparagales. . Hertweck KL (2013) Data from: Assembly and comparative analysis of transposable elements from low coverage genomic sequence data in Asparagales. Dryad Digital Repository. doi:10.5061/dryad.43g64
- Data from: Ontogenetic development of intestinal length and relationships to diet in an Australasian fish family (Terapontidae). Davis AM, Unmack PJ, Pusey BJ, Pearson RG, Morgan DL (2013) Data from: Ontogenetic development of intestinal length and relationships to diet in an Australasian fish family (Terapontidae). Dryad Digital Repository. doi:10.5061/dryad.h30t5
- Data from: Phylogenetic relationships and character evolution analysis of Saxifragales using a supermatrix approach. Soltis DE, Mort ME, Latvis M, Mavrodiev EV, O'Meara BC, Soltis PS, Burleigh JG, de Casas RR (2013) Data from: Phylogenetic relationships and character evolution analysis of Saxifragales using a supermatrix approach. Dryad Digital Repository. doi:10.5061/dryad.h4070 Note: This dataset is also associated with Pamela Soltis's visiting scholar project (Title: Reconstructing the Great Tree of Life)
- Data from: Reproductive aging patterns in primates reveal that humans are distinct. Alberts SC, Altmann J, Brockman DK, Cords M, Fedigan LM, Pusey A, Stoinski TS, Strier KB, Morris WF, Bronikowski AM (2013) Data from: Reproductive aging patterns in primates reveal that humans are distinct. Dryad Digital Repository. doi:10.5061/dryad.m327n
- Data from: Shades of red: bird-pollinated flowers target the specific colour discrimination abilities of avian vision. Shrestha M, Dyer AG, Boyd-Gerny S, Wong BBM, Burd M (2013) Data from: Shades of red: bird-pollinated flowers target the specific colour discrimination abilities of avian vision. Dryad Digital Repository. doi:10.5061/dryad.pj860
- Data from: The role of continental shelf width in determining freshwater phylogeographic patterns in southeastern Australian pygmy perches (Teleostei: Percichthyidae). Unmack PJ, Hammer MP, Adams M, Johnson JB, Dowling TE. 2013. Data from: The role of continental shelf width in determining freshwater phylogeographic patterns in southeastern Australian pygmy perches (Teleostei: Percichthyidae). Dryad Digital Repository. doi:10.5061/dryad.9v852
- Extending PartitionFinder to automatically partition DNA and protein alignments. Frandsen, P. Lanfear, R., & Calcott, B. 2013. Extending PartitionFinder to automatically partition DNA and protein alignments. Implements a new algorithm that uses site rates or site likelihoods to automatically partition sites in DNA and protein alignments into a best fit partitioning scheme. PartitionFinder can be downloaded from: http://www.robertlanfear.com/partitionfinder/ or github.
- GeneValidator: Identify problems with gene predictions. Dragan, M., Priyam, A., & Wurm, Y. 2013. GeneValidator: Identify problems with gene predictions. GeneValidator identifies problems with gene predictions and provides information based on the similarities to genes in public databases. Results of prediction validation can inform sequencing curation and improvement of approaches and tools for gene prediction. GeneValidator was designed for use by biologists who want to validate data obtained in their own laboratories.
- Implementing Machine Learning Algorithms for Classification and Feature Selection in mothur. Lynch, J., Iverson, K., Zaher Md. Faridee, A. 2013. Implementing machine learning algorithms for classification and feature selection in mothur. Extended mothur through implementation of the support vector machine algorithm to support a new classification and feature selection command in mothur. Project-specific code is available at https://github.com/jklynch/mothur; mothur can be downloaded from http://www.mothur.org/ and github.
- Optimizing tree evaluation in PhyML with the BEAGLE Library. . Fanaswala, I., Rambaut, A. Suchard, M., & Guindon, S. 2013. Optimizing tree evaluation in PhyML with the BEAGLE Library. Optimized PhyML with BEAGLE to parallelize (1) partial likelihoods computations and (2) P-matrix updating (i.e. matrix multiplication).
- owlet. Owlet is a query expansion preprocessor for SPARQL. It parses embedded OWL class expressions (in Manchester Syntax) and uses an OWL reasoner to replace them with FILTER statements containing the URIs of subclasses of the given class expression (or superclasses, equivalent classes, or instances).
- Phylogenetics in Biopython: Filling in the gaps. Ye, Yanbo; Holder, Mark; Sukumaran, Jeet; Talevich, Eric. 2013. Phylogenetics in Biopython: Filling in the gaps. TreeConstruction and Consensus modules for Bio.Phylo were constructed to extend biopython support for tree construction and consensus tree algorithms. These modules add UPGMA, NJ, MP, strict consensus, majority rule, adam consensus with some branch support, and bootstrap algorithms to the current package.
- scowl. Scowl is a Scala library allowing a declarative approach to composing OWL expressions and axioms using the OWL API.
- Single Node Age Prior Estimator (SNAPE). Nowak, MD, C. Simpson, and D. Zwickl. 2007. Single Node Age Prior Estimator (SNAPE) v. 1.0. SNAPE calculates informative prior probabilities on divergence times based on fossil occurrence data retrieved from the Paleobiology Database.
- vue2owl. A tool for converting a VUE diagram document to an OWL ontology.