No courses found
The NESCent Academy
Starting in 2011, all courses are being offered through the NESCent Academy. The Academy is a new, community-driven process for developing and offering short post-graduate courses in synthetic evolutionary science, as well as evolutionary biology workshops for educators. We asked you, the evolutionary biology community, to suggest course ideas, vote on your ideas and submit full proposals. Here is our list of 2011 courses. The NESCent Academy website has detailed information about instructors, dates and how to apply.
- Evolutionary quantitative genetics: Steve Arnold and Joe Felsenstein
- Next-gen sequencing: data acquisition, comparative genomics, design and analysis for population genetics, systematics and development: Brian O'Connor and Alexie Papanicolaou
- Practical computing for biologists: Steve Haddock and Casey Dunn (co-sponsored by the Bioinformatics Research Center and Department of Genetics at North Carolina State University)
- Computation phyloinformatics: Rutger Vos, Bill Piel and Christian Zmasek (offered by the Computational Biology Research Center in Tokyo, Japan and co-sponsored by NESCent)
- Evolution and Medicine (offered by the Mount Desert Island Biological Laboratory and co-sponsored by NESCent)